1. With the Podcatcher Audio Guide App (‘App’) you can listen to and view audio tours on your smartphone. Our goal is to tell as many stories as we can that museums have to offer. We can therefore also send you interesting information about the museums you’ve visited or would potentially like to go. You can always decide whether you want to receive this information.
3. We protect your personal data and do not sell this to third parties. Your personal data is processed and protected properly and carefully, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable privacy laws and regulations. This is explained in more detail below.
Processing of personal data
4. We process your personal data when you install and run the App to listen to audio tours and thereby use our services.
What personal data we process
5. We process the name and language of the audio tours you download, as well as the screen resolution of your phone to be able to deliver the services of the App to you.
6. We also record which IP address you use the App from, the type of device you use, and a randomly generated and unique identification number. We process these to improve our services.
7. We can check and record which audio tours you look at on the App. We couple this data to your personal data.
Goals of processing personal data
8. We process your personal data to allow access to our services in the App. With this, we can deliver our services to you and enable the use of the underlying functionalities. You can listen to audio tours and see stories that may be interesting to you, for example. The processing of personal data is required for the execution of the contract and is the legal basis for it.
9. We communicate with your to answers questions and complaints, should you have them.
10. We process your personal data for the optimization, adjustments and development of our App and its use. The legal basis is our legitimate interest.
11. We process your personal data if it is required to meet legal obligations.
14. We can share analytical and statistical information about the visitors of our clients’ museums with third parties, such as these museums. We can also share analytical and statistical data about the use of our App and its content with third parties. We exclusively share this information in its anonymised form.
Security of personal data
16. No service is absolutely secure, however we employ reasonable measures to protect data from abuse and loss, unauthorized access, editing, disclosure and destruction.
17. Your personal data is exclusively kept in the European Union.
How long we keep your personal data
19. We will employ reasonable measures to remove or anonymise personal data when it is no longer necessary to store them.
20. When you ask us to remove your personal data, we will comply with your request without unreasonable delays. We will comply with this request by anonymising your personal data, making it impossible to trace back to your person.
21. Your personal data belongs to you. You can ask us at any time to provide you with a copy of your personal data. You have the right to rectify any of your personal data that was entered incorrectly. You also have the right to ask us to remove or restrict the processing of your personal data.
22. You furthermore have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the right to data portability. You have the right to file a complaint to an authority that oversees the compliance of the privacy law.
23. We will respond to any requests or objections within a month.
24. The App’s permissions to hardware controls are exclusively used to (a) scan QR codes with the camera; (b) to switch between the different speakers of your devices for the audio.
25. The App’s permissions for network communication are exclusively used to (a) checks whether there is a connection to the Internet; (b) be able to download audio tours when there is a connection to the Internet.
26. The App’s permissions for the file system are exclusively used to store and read the audio tours from your SD card.
Guide ID B.V.
7421 ZC Deventer, The Netherlands
+31 (0)570 572202
Chamber of Commerce number: 08106778
VAT number: NL810608017B01