1. MapMyVisit (mapmyvisit.com) enables you to re-listen to your audio tours and catch what you may have missed. Our aim is to offer as many stories from museums to as many people as possible. We can therefore send you valuable information about the museums you have visited or those you might want to visit. At all times you can decide whether or not you wish to receive this information.
3. We protect your personal data and do not sell it to third parties. Your personal data will be properly and thoroughly processed and secured, in conformity with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable privacy rules and regulations. Read more below.
Processing of personal data
4. We process your personal data when you have provided us with your email address to re-listen to your audio tour and consequently to use our services. You can do so in the museum at the MapMyVisit console or at the front desk.
What personal data do we process?
5. In order to deliver the MapMyVisit services, we process your email address, the name of the museum you have visited, the parts of the audio tour you have listened to while there, your IP address and the language you have chosen.
6. Optionally, you can create a profile and provide your first name, surname, gender, country, address, postcode and language. You decide what information to add to your profile. You may change, remove or have the information removed at any time.
7. We can see and we record the information you look at on mapmyvisit.com, what you have listened to from the audio tour in the museums and when you’ve visited the website. This data will be linked to your personal data.
Purpose of processing personal data
8. We process your personal data to be able to provide you access to your mapmyvisit.com account. In doing so, we can deliver our services and we enable the existing functionalities. Through your account you will be able to re-listen to your audio tour and watch stories you might have missed. The processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement and that is its legal basis.
9. We also process your personal data in order to communicate with you, based on your consent or our legitimate interest as a legal basis therefor. Based on the data in your profile, you will receive from us informative emails, suggestions or offers we think are relevant and of interest to you. If you wish to no longer receive these emails, you can unsubscribe by changing the settings of your account or by letting us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Based on your use of mapmyvisit.com and listening to audio tours in museums where MapMyVisit is offered, we can send you targeted information, suggestions and offers.
11. We also communicate with you to answer your questions and respond to your claims.
12. We process your personal data to optimise, adapt and develop our website and the usage of the website. Our legitimate interest is its legal basis.
13. We process your personal data if such is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
16. We can share analytical and statistical data on the visitors of the museums we work for with third parties, such as these museums. Analytical and statistical data on the usage of our website and its content can also be shared with third parties. We share this data solely in anonymous form.
Protection of personal data
18. No service is absolutely safe, but we take reasonable measures to protect data from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, treatment, disclosure and destruction.
19. Your personal data will be stored solely in the European Union.
How long do we retain your personal data?
21. We will take reasonable measures to remove or anonymise personal data when it is no longer necessary to process.
22. When you request the removal of your personal data, we will comply without unreasonable delay. We can do so by anonymising your personal data, so that it is no longer traceable to your person.
23. Your personal data belong to you. At any time, you can request access to your personal data. You have the right of rectification if we process incorrect personal data of your person. You also have the right to request erasure of personal data and/or restriction of processing.
24. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and you have the right to data portability. You have the right to file a complaint with the relevant authorities which enforce privacy law.
25. We will respond to your requests or complaints within a month of receiving these.
26. When you visit mapmyvisit.com, your visit will be registered by means of cookies. Cookies are small files that are sent with the pages of a website and are stored on the hard drive of your computer by your browser. A cookie enables your browser to be recognised when the website is visited regularly. We only use functional cookies to simplify navigation and logins on the website and/or to memorise your settings and/or preferences.
27. Furthermore, Twitter and Facebook can place cookies when you visit a page on the website where information can be recommended or shared through these social media. We have no influence on the contents of those cookies. Read the Privacy Policies of those social networks to find out what they do with the data gathered by means of cookies.
Guide ID BV
7421 ZC Deventer
+31 570 572202
Chamber of Commerce: 08106778