2. We protect your personal data and do not sell these to third parties. Your personal data are processed and protected properly and carefully, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable privacy laws and regulations. This is explained in more detail below.
Processing of personal data
3. We process your personal data when we have an agreement with you (or with the organisation that you work for), when you request to potentially enter into an agreement or when you may be interested in our services. We also process your personal data when you request or give us permission to send you newsletters or visit our websites.
What personal data we process
4. Depending on our relation we process one or more of the following data: your first name, last name, gender, (business) contact details, function, phone number and e-mail address to be able to carry out the agreement, to respond to your requests and/or send our newsletters to you.
5. We can see what information you see on our websites guideid.nl, guideid.com, portal.guideid.com and audioguidepodcatcher.com, which cookies you’ve given us consent for, and whether you entered the website through an advertisement or Google’s search engine with the search terms you used.
Goals of processing personal data
6. We process your personal data in order to perform the agreement, to meet your requests or to contact you on the basis of our legitimate business interest. We also process personal data to meet legal obligations.
7. If you’ve requested us or given us permission to send you newsletters, you will receive e-mails from us containing information, suggestions or offers that we think may be interesting or relevant to you. If you no longer wish to receive these e-mails, you can unsubscribe simply by using the relevant option at the bottom of the newsletter or by approaching us through email@example.com. After unsubscribing we will remove your data.
8. We also communicate with you to respond to your questions and complaints.
9. Lastly, we process your personal data for optimization, adjustments and development of our websites and their use.
12. We can share analytical and statistical information about the use of our websites and its content with third parties. We do so exclusively in its anonymised form.
Security of personal data
14. No service is absolutely secure, however we employ reasonable measures to protect data from abuse and loss, unauthorized access, editing, disclosure and destruction.
15. Your personal data are processed by Guide ID in the European Union. With regard to data that are processed as referred to in the cookies clause below, third party vendors may process personal data outside the European Union. In that case, adequate measures are put in place on the basis of the contracts we have with these vendors, such as EU model clauses or certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield program.
How long we retain your personal data
17. We will employ reasonable measures to remove or anonymise personal data when it is no longer necessary to retain them.
18. When you ask us to remove your personal data, we will comply with your request without unreasonable delay. We may comply with this request by anonymising your personal data, making it impossible to trace back to your person.
19. Your personal data belong to you. You can ask us at any time to provide you with a copy of your personal data. You have the right to rectify any of your personal data that was processed incorrectly. You also have the right to ask us to remove or restrict the processing of your personal data.
20. You furthermore have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the right to data portability.
21. When we process your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without it affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
22. You have the right to file a complaint to an authority that oversees the compliance of the privacy law.
23. We will respond to any requests or objections within a month.
24. When you visit our websites, the visit will be registered by using cookies. Cookies are small files which are sent with a web page and are saved on your computer’s hard drive by the web browser. The cookie enables you being recognized on repeated visits to the website. You can change or revoke consent for the cookie categories at any time by clicking on the “Change your consent” or “Revoke your consent” buttons at the bottom of any web page. We use the following kinds of cookies:
- Functional cookies: To improve the ease-of-use of navigating and logging in on the website and to remember your settings and/or preferences;
- Analytical cookies: To help improve our website, we use analytical cookies to track where users click, which pages they visit and in what order, and so on. We use the following technologies to make this possible:
- Cookiebot: We use a technology called Cookiebot. Cookiebot is a way of managing cookies and content on websites. We use this service to track whether you’ve given us consent to place cookies, as well as tracking which cookies you’ve consented to. This data is stored on Cookiebot’s servers in an anonymized form. Cookiebot can share this information with third parties if Cookiebot is legally obligated to, or to the extent that third parties process data on their behalf. We have no influence on this.
- Google Analytics: By using the website, cookies will be placed by the American company Google, as part of their Analytics service. We use this service to record and receive reports about how visitors use our website. Google can share this information with third parties if Google is legally obligated to, or to the extent that third parties process data on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this.
- Tracking cookies: To know whether your visit originated from one of our advertising partners, and to market our product to you as well as measuring the marketing effectiveness. Please read the privacy policies of these services to see what they use the data they get through these cookies for. We use the following technologies to make this possible:
Google Ads: We use Google’s Ads service to track
which pages you’ve visited on our website. This information is then used to
determine which advertisement to show you (if any) on Google websites such as
Google search and Google Maps, or on Google partner websites that place their
advertisements. These cookies are created with an identification number, not
with any personal data, so they cannot be used
to identify you in any way.
If you do not wish to see ads from Guide ID on the Google websites you can opt out in the following ways:
- Facebook Ads: We also use Facebook’s ad service in order to be able to present relevant ads to you on its website. Facebook uses this cookie to create an audience list. This list is used to generate lists of ‘average users’, as well as ‘lookalike audiences’ which is a list of users that is very similar to the average users list. Users in either list are more likely to be shown our ads on Facebook’s services. Cookies also enable Facebook to measure how well an ad campaign is doing, as well as calculate the cost of the ads. Furthermore, this information also helps us understand the kinds of people who like our Facebook page so we can make better-informed decisions on which content to present to you.
- LinkedIn ads: Finally, we use LinkedIn advertisements. If you’re logged in to LinkedIn (or have been in the past 30 days) and visit our website, you will still have a LinkedIn cookie stored in your browser and are more likely to see ads about us on their website. LinkedIn will notify us about this, and we use this data to create a list of LinkedIn users who have visited our website and therefore might be interested in our services.
25. Furthermore, Twitter and Facebook can place cookies when you visit a page on the website in order to enable you to recommend or share information to these social media. We have no influence on these cookies. Please read the privacy policies of these social networks to see what they use the data they get through these cookies for.
Other data we process
We make use of Visitor Queue, software that analyses the use of our websites. It allows us to identify companies that visit our websites through their IP addresses. The purpose of this software is to enable us to perform direct marketing activities.
Visitor Queue also shares with us publicly available personal data of employees of the companies that visited our websites. These data are derived from sources such as LinkedIn, Hunter.io and Fullcontact.com. We process these data in order to contact the companies that visited our websites as potential lead for Guide ID. The legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
The data Visitor Queue grants us access to are:
• Company information: name of company, address, website, phone number (Name/Domain associated with IP Address).
•Visit details: date, pages visited, total time spend in our website, source of traffic. These details do not allow us to identify the natural person visiting our website, only the company.
• Contacts details of publicly associated employees or representatives: name, job title, company email address, company phone number.
Data can be accessed by the data analysts at Guide ID, who select relevant data and share it with the respective business manager. Data is stored for a period of 6 months, after which it is erased from both Guide ID’s and Visitor Queue’s environments.
Guide ID BV
7421 ZC Deventer
+31 570 572202
Chamber of Commerce number: 08106778
VAT number: NL810608017B01